06th May 2020
What legacy do you or your brand want to leave behind post-COVID-19?
Many have turned to thought leadership programmes to demonstrate innovation, forward-thinking and expertise but it is those who can combine leadership with action who will truly create brand advocates that can stand the test of time. In this webinar “Turning Thought Leadership Into Action-Led Leadership”, Managing Director Mark Worthington and Consultant and Content-Whizz Rosie Hopkins unpack this question by exploring:
- Why the age-old adage ‘actions speak louder than words’ rings true today
- Thought leadership strategy and development
- Platform and topic identification
During the session, we hosted a poll. The results revealed that nearly 60% of attendees do not believe that their comms and operational teams are aligned and that just 50% of attendees believe that their companies are doing enough to demonstrate leadership at this time.
With this in mind, here are Mark and Rosie’s key takeaways from the session which we hope will help you plan a Covid-19 content strategy that will leave your brand a legacy for years to come:
- Knowing what to say and when to say it: As we’ve all observed, the current communications environment is changing day-to-day and week-by-week. Closely monitoring external changes through the shock, downturn, trough, recovery and eventual upturn and adjusting the messages you are sending your audience accordingly, will help humanise your brand so you can better connect with your target market.
- Create thought leadership content with a purpose in mind: When you set out to create thought leadership content, always have a purpose in mind. Covid-19 has created more opportunities than ever before for your brand to deliver powerful messages. Use this opportunity to showcase what your business can do to solve problems, to arm your audience with the knowledge they need to make better and more informed decisions and guide others on how they can use this time to plan ahead for the future. This type of useful content will build trust and advocacy with your audience, showcase the positive impact your brand is making and even show how you are leading your industry into the ‘new normal’.
- Actions speak louder than words: Great thought leadership might start with an idea or written content, but actions really do speak louder than words. Throughout Covid-19 we’ve seen examples of brands doing their bit or collaborating with businesses in different industries to make a tangible difference to society. For example, SIA cabin crew working in hospitals using their valuable medical skills and caring manner, Apple and Google coming together in an unlikely partnership to develop contact tracing technology, the examples are endless. No matter how small your business might seem, the opportunity to act, and to act with impact, is just as present.
If you would like to discuss the webinar further, or meet with our team, please check out our CommsClinic. It offers you 15 minutes of complimentary communications consultancy with one of our consultants. You can use the time to get answers to your burning communications questions, sound out your COVID-19 strategy, road test a creative idea, or even just find out more about the Klareco team.
Mark is Managing Director and Co-Founder of Klareco Communications. He is a career media and communications expert with extensive experience in crisis management, strategic corporate and financial communications, and public affairs.
A keen advocator of using digital techniques to enhance communications objectives, Rosie understands the power of data-driven storytelling to get results. Content and messaging development is not just a skill but a passion, and Rosie enjoys leading workshops and meetings to help senior leaders distill their messages into clear, concise and accessible narratives. She now advises a range of clients that include industries such as technology, finance and hospitality, and has been involved in several crisis projects.